Monday, August 21, 2006

Preparation

I’ve been slowly making changes to my lifestyle to prepare me for what’s to come. There’s an extra 5 to 10 pounds that I need to lose as well as to get into better physical shape in general. Unfortunately my great plans for working out aren’t really panning out due to retarded things called allergies and asthma. I feel like I’m hitting a wall and will need to resort to something I wanted to avoid. This being a “Diet”. Though I had quite a bit of success with the South Beach Diet, I don’t really want to go back to it. There were things that bugged me about that diet and things that I was okay with. I was thinking of taking some of the things I learned from that diet and creating my own. Hopefully it will work. I’m also really really hoping that getting off BCP will make a difference in how well I can work getting into shape as well.

Another change I’m making is caffeine. Now, I don’t think I drink it excessively. But it’s not abnormal for me to have at least 40 to 50 ounces of some type of caffeinated drink per day. Though it’s not all at once, that’s still quite a bit of caffeine. Especially considering the recommended amount for someone trying to get pregnant is like 8 to 16 ounces a day. So I’m trying. Unfortunately, I had also hoped to be into shape well enough that I would be able to cut down more easily since I’d be working out regularly.

Tomorrow is my visit to the OB/GYN for a pre-conception consult. I guess I want to know the facts as they pertain to me. I know that I’ll be put on pre-natal vitamins right away. But I also wanted to know how things will work out considering my history of abnormal periods. Not to mention how the prescription meds I’m on will affect things.

On one hand, I don’t want to be so involved with planning things. I’m worried I’ll stress over it and want it too much. On the other, I don’t want to be ill prepared either. I do have a feeling I’ll be stocking up on home pregnancies tests. With how abnormal I had been and probably will be, I’m sure I’ll want to make sure of things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home